Thursday, August 2, 2007

Today

[/b]
I look out my window,
a new day I see,
and only I can determine
what kind of a day it will be.
watch as this picture changes

It can be busy and sunny,
laughing and gay,
or boring and cold,
unhappy and grey.
My own state of mind
is the determining key,
for I am only the person
I let myself be.

I can be thoughtful,
and do what I can to help,
or I can be selfish
and think just of myself.

I can enjoy what I do
and make it seem fun,
or gripe and complain
and make it hard on someone.

I can be patient with those
who may not understand,
or belittle and hurt them
as much as I can.

But I have faith in myself,
and believe what I say,
and I personally intend
to make the best of Today.

1 comment:

NKB said...

Nice Poem..
If we can manage even half the things that poem wants us to do we shall remain happy forever :-)