Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Re- learning to live

Life is changing gradually, in bits and pieces as I get used to living here. I'm still seeing life through rose tinted glasses , don't know when they will break. Back home, I never imagined saying thank you to the bus driver (I should have probably), forget about thinking that he will greet me. Pedestrians do have the right to walk on the road here without being run over by a car. People are so very eager to help, dunno y though. It helps me a lot, thats what matters :)

A few things I re-learnt
1. To wake up at 5am not 9 am
2. To wake up at the first ring of alarm without putting it on snooze everytime
3. To share the restroom with 4 other ppl who have to get ready at the same time as you.
4. To make my own breakfast without it being served to me
5. To pack tiffin for college even though the burger looks veryyy tempting
6. To try not to think of the dal which you will be having for the 4th time now for lunch/dinner.
7. To look after yourself coz everybody will look after themselves before they look after others.
8. To not to skip meals even if you are too lazy to cook.
9. To ask, even if you will feel like the greatest idiot in the world by asking that question.
10. To realise that most american people wouldn't even have the faintest idea bout india other than hindu and vegetarian

No comments: