Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The year that was.. 2007

The turning point of my life.. year 2007. It started with sem 8, the last semester in VESIT, unarguably the most exciting semester after sem 1. Life sure does come a full circle. It started with freshers and ended with the farewell. It was one thrilling ride, SPHURTI, UTSAV topped with the Farewell party. But everything had a tinge of sadness, of a wonderful journey coming to an end after which everyone will catch different buses to their respective destinations. MU decided to make our parting sweeter by giving a wonderful result after a long time. After all, they had screwed up so many students passing certificates for no rhyme or reason.

Everyone got ready to prepare for their next destinations.. job, IIT, IIM, MS. After lots of sleepless nights I decided to come here, the polar opposite of Mumbai, for MS. Vacation was maddness, visa interviews, inventory lists, meeting everyone, saying goodbye to everyone and finally on 6th august.. take-off! To a new world.. my next destination.. independence and a whole truckload of responsibilities.. new friends and harsher climate and offcourse.. first snow!!!! :D :D

Highlights of 2007 (in order of importance) :D
1. Longest time I have stayed away from home
2. Decided to pursue MS
3. Realized some friends are for life :)
4. Graduation
5. First time in a foreign country
6. First time I travelled by a plane
7. First snowfall I experienced
8. Learnt cooking
9. Got my own laptop
10. Maintained a diary without giving up

Many other highlights too which if I list will be too much :P

And now to ring in 2008! Wonder what it'll have in store for me??

No comments: